Saturday, December 05, 2020

Nov. 23, 2018 - Bloomfield, Ohio

 Bloomfield, Ohio

Nov 23, 1918

Dear Uncle, 

     I have not heard from you for a long time.  So I thought that I would write you a few lines.  Well, it is cold here and has been freezing here.  John Mahan has the "flu" and took sick at school and exposed us all. The rest of the people that had the "flu" is all right now.

     The store at Sparta was bought by Newell Jenkins and Harry Barr.  Mrs. Rush is better now.  The Citizen office is where Bill Pearl lived.  The Bell office is where Dell Coon lives.  They or the people are cleaning the place off where Mack's off.  Marjorie found two of hernickles which was in her bank and had went through the fire. And I understood that she found one of the checks that you had put in there before you went to camp.  I mean the checks that you got from the restaurant. Pearl Harrod found where their house burnt down a china cup which had set in a glass desk the desk had melt on the cup and the cup wasn't broke or damaged in any way.

     Well I haven't had the mumps yet.  But don't expect that I will get to go to school Monday on the account of the "flu".  I have went one week since the school open.  It may be so  that they will close it again.  I stayed last Tuesday night at grandma's. I have Orie Hall's stick pin. He is going to school now. He sits across from me in the wagon. Ennice is down at Jays. Bill and papa is over at the store. Floyd just went to asleep setting on a chair. I think I shall go to bed pretty soon.  It is about 7:30 but I am sleepy.  Mamma said for you to send her a piece of the Kaiser for her birthday.  Well it soon will be Thanksgiving.  If there is school, we will have one day off for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. Well I guess I will finished this letter tomorrow. 

     Will this 10 o'clock this morning I just got through changing my dress.  I wrote a note to Mrs. Pierce about the Yoke I crocheted her. I didn't go to Sunday school this morning.  I don't know much to write.  I will have to finish this this afternoon.

     Mamma just got through writing a letter to Mrs. Rinehart.  Ennice stayed all night down to Bell's and just came home.  Ennice has been carrying on high down there. He has been taking things, telling lies and also talking about us here at home. They tell me everything he does. Well I didn't get to finish this letter Sunday afternoon. So I will finish it this evening after school.

     I went up to Hall yesterday afternoon and lost Mary's ring so I will have to sent to Sears Roebuck and Co and get her one.  I went to church last night so I didn't get to write this.  I have a new pair of shoes which I bought off grandma.  So I have two good pair.  Well I don't know much to write so I guess I will close because supper is about ready and I have my lesson to get.  So I will close.  Write soon as possible.  Closed with love for you. 

Your loving niece, 

Miss Coreta Geiger

OXOXOXOXOXOX



Dear Brother, 

     How are you this beautiful morning.  I am not much good still have bowel trouble. The rest are all well. Floyd is getting broad as he long. He has been real well for him ever since we moved here.  I think the fresh country air is what has helped him.  Ennice and Coreta went to school last week. I was afraid to send Mary on the account of the mumps.  

     Willie husked corn yesterday it was real cold.  Mr. Van Sickle said he didn't have to husk when it was so cold.  What are you doing now days.  Do you keep well.  Why don't you write.  We all want to hear from you so bad.  I wish you was here for dinner. We are going to have a huge back bone. What do you think eggs are here.  We get 60 cent a dozen, butter 50 cent lb.  Well have you got your girl picked out yet?  Or are you going to wait until you come back to Marrow Co.  ha ha . 

     I will have to stop and get dinner.  I haven't been any where to hear  any news so I will close.  Coreta said I could write in her letter so I thought you would like o see my scratches.

                                       Well good bye.

                                                  My baby brother.

                                                            From your sister

                                                                     Rose

No comments:

Centerburg, Ohio- Feb. 22, 1919.

 Centerburg, Ohio Feb. 22, 1919 Dear Uncle,       I received your letter today.  Mr. Van Sickle gave it to me this morning.  Grandma gave it...