Monday, December 14, 2020

Centerburg, Ohio- Feb. 22, 1919.

 Centerburg, Ohio

Feb. 22, 1919

Dear Uncle, 

     I received your letter today.  Mr. Van Sickle gave it to me this morning.  Grandma gave it to him to bring it to me.  I sure was glad to get it.  I am all right hope you are the same. There was a letter in the Union Register long time ago telling that a companion of his was wounded whose name was John Butler Sparta Ohio.  So I wrote to him. He sure does write the longest letter to me then. Don't you get a Maryland girl. You will break Edith's heart. Raymond has a glass cab with rubber wheels.  I guess he going to put on the back of his machine.  Then I will get a ride.  

Foster wanted to take me to the basketball game Friday night. He said he would bring me home too. But Mamma wouldn't let me go. I told him I wouldn't go. Then he beg me to go all time.  He made a ring with a brown set.  He said if I'd go he'd give it to me.  Then he asked me if I wanted it. So when school was out I walked down the gravel walk with him which I do nearly every night.  I said to him that he hadn't given me that ring yet. Then he gave it to me. He said it wasn't a very nice one and would get me a better one next time.  

As we were walking down the walk Cecil Jackson fell down in the mud and got his suit mud from one end to the other.  I certainly would like to see you. and John Ogle.  I just sent a card to him.  It had a verse on it - glad to see you was the name of the verse.  Is he pretty?  I would like to know.  

That ring I got worried Orrie very much. There is a kitchen shower at Frost's tonight for Belle.  I have sent for me a new dress of changeable silk of old rose and green.  That was some picture of Woodrow Wilson.  Was you in that picture?  I don't know much more to write. I am going to be at Mildred's all summer.  I was down last Saturday.  I had to get a dinner all by myself for Ray Moorehouse.  

Well this is all I know.  This other letter is my and Floyd's that I sent to you when you was at New York.  It is stale now.  Write soon.

                                                                                            Your Niece, 

                                                                                                    Coreta

No comments:

Centerburg, Ohio- Feb. 22, 1919.

 Centerburg, Ohio Feb. 22, 1919 Dear Uncle,       I received your letter today.  Mr. Van Sickle gave it to me this morning.  Grandma gave it...