Sunday, December 06, 2020

Feb 1, 1919 - Centerburg, Ohio

Centerburg, Ohio

Feb 1, 1919

 Dear Uncle, (John, Aunt Edith)

     I received your letter to day. Well tomorrow is ground hog day. Well I was to a basketball game last night and also a Pie Social,  They have taken all the seats out of the Opera House and turned into a basket ball ground or floor.  Sparta beat Marengo the goals I guess that is what you call it. Score was twelve to twenty-sic in favor of Sparta.  Then after the game they sold the pies.  I eat with Robert Barr.  I had a coconut pie.  My but it was good.  I stayed to Easterday's all night.  Oh!  I nearly forgot I seen your wife or my Aunt yesterday afternoon and she said she got a letter from you Ha!Ha!  She was there last night but I didn't see who she ate with but I guess she didn't bring any pie.  She is saving it for you when you get back to her.Well I sure got a swell big letter from John Ogle.  He says he has a "younger brother" (illegible word).  Floyd has a real bad cold.  

I walked home this morning and Grandma came with me and Mary has went back with her. Bell Frost is married. She married a Fredrickstown guy.  Demorest Preston is back home he is at Dills.  Harold Chase's baby girl is dead. We had examinations this week they are all over and I am glad of it.  Part of them were hard.  The county schools around in this township came in and took their examination just the eighth grade.  There were fourteen.  They had to take their examination in our room so we didn't have any school Friday.

Dora Stinemetz is still calling. .  I think Ennice will cut you out.  I hope you get back in time to go to the basket ball games for school is out.  Because then they will fix the seats back in.  Don't you worry about a golden wedding for me.  Because I will see you and Edith's golden wedding first.  I bet you will not have any face when Edith and I get thru hugging and kissing you.  I expect Edith won't give me any chance.  Well I will have to close because Mamma wants to lay Floyd down on the lounge because I am sitting here.  So will close.  Write soon.

                                                                                           Your loving niece, 

                                                                                           Miss Coreta Geiger

                                                                                           XXXXXXXX

P.S. Will give you more when you get home

(written sideways along a crease between the fron an back page): I forgot to tell you that Foster tied his horse  in front and went in the store when he came out (torn section) the window and he waved and told me to (torn section) t we talked for quite awhile I guess we are both trying to get Hulse's.  Hulse are bust! Begin reading in last page. This is some letter.  My pen ran out of ink.

No comments:

Centerburg, Ohio- Feb. 22, 1919.

 Centerburg, Ohio Feb. 22, 1919 Dear Uncle,       I received your letter today.  Mr. Van Sickle gave it to me this morning.  Grandma gave it...