Monday, December 07, 2020

Feb.11.1919

 Dear brother, 

     Received your most welcome cards to day was all so nice.  Mr. Van Sickle was here when we got them.  Hew wondered why you never sent him any - said he would be willing to pay the postage if you would write to him.  He often says he would like to see you. Well Johnny how are you by this time.  That was certainly a pretty handkerchief you sent me.  Many thanks.  Floyd has a bad cold - rest are well as common.  Children are all at school.  Willie and Harley have been gathering up wood to day.  I washed yesterday - washed 97 pieces little & big.  I washed for Callie & George Kees.  Just got through in time to get dinner and now I have my ironing done.

How soon do you think you will be home?  I hope before long.  Raymond Truex is working in Bucyrus.  We heard Charley Taylors was coming back to Bloomfield.  I heard work was too steady for him.  Mildred Bell wants Coreta to stay with her next Summer.  I suppose John Ogle will be looking for Coreta about then.  Walter Carmel is home now - was at church on Sunday in his uniform.  He was straight as a stick he looked real nice. I expect you would like to get back in your old duds once more -  wouldn't you.  

I suppose Mamma has told you Edd Chase's house burned down.  They didn't scarcely save anything I haven't saw any of Willie's or Stella's for a good while so I don't know of any news.  Bert Mclueary always always  asks if I heard from you.  I don't know how to spell his name.  I guess canary legs are all right ha ha.
                          Write or come or both,
                                    Good bye,
                                                   from
                              your sister
                                                 Rose

No comments:

Centerburg, Ohio- Feb. 22, 1919.

 Centerburg, Ohio Feb. 22, 1919 Dear Uncle,       I received your letter today.  Mr. Van Sickle gave it to me this morning.  Grandma gave it...