Sunday, December 13, 2020

Feb 12, 1919 - Centerburg, O.

 Centerburg, O.

Feb. 12, 1919 

Dear Uncle, 

     I received the card you sent me and was glad to get it. I also got a card from "John Ogle" the picture of the card was a girl and a soldier boy kissing each other.  He said that card was a copy of the way they was carrying on over there. He also said that he was coming home soon and would be glad to see me and tell all he knows about the affair over there. Some card.  

     Well I passed in the first examinations.  And sure am glad of it.  Well canary legs is all right.  The professor changed us students in school and now he sits in front of me all the better. Mamma says that John Ogle means business because the way he writes.  Well I was down at grandmas and seen the stuff you sent home,  That had sure is cute. I had it on - my but I looked swell.  

     Herman Taylor is married.  You will have to hurry home because all the boys you run with is getting married but you.  That sure is a fine picture of you.  Ed Chase's house burnt up.  Last Sunday night Ennice, Mary, Floyd and I were up at Truex's and Raymond was home from Bycryus.  I guess that isn't spelled right. I had on that dress that use to be Mamma's wedding dress that had beads on it. I guess they took his eye because he was always looking at me.  Because even Mary noticed that he was looking at me. 

     I don't know much to write. We have been having basket ball games.  There was one at Opera house last Friday night which Chesterville played with us and they got beat.  Monday night Marengo boys had played on a team ever since 1914 so they beat Sparta 15 to 19goals in favor of Marengo.  The boys are going to Fredrickstown Friday night.  Well I don't know of anymore to write so will close. Write soon or come home.  We all around here will be glad to see you.

Your loving niece, 

Coreta Geiger

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Many more wait till you get home,  Edith will help me.

No comments:

Centerburg, Ohio- Feb. 22, 1919.

 Centerburg, Ohio Feb. 22, 1919 Dear Uncle,       I received your letter today.  Mr. Van Sickle gave it to me this morning.  Grandma gave it...