Monday, December 14, 2020

Feb.19.1919

 Feb.19.1919

Dear Johnny. 

I received your letter - found us all able to eat.  Johnny I started this on the back of this sheet of paper so thought I would open it out and write straight a cross. I have so cold in one of my eyes.  Hurts to sew or write.  I went to Sparta with a load of people from here. The Sunday school met - wanted each school to meet - they had a preacher from Howard to speak on an organization of Sunday schools.  (Our postal weight misspelled) took us on the machine. Willie said I looked to close to that man, ha, ha.  

Coreta stayed all night over home last night. Mary wants to too night.  Dada and mamma was here last Sunday.  Mamma walked over a Sat. morning. Johnny I have received two letters that I wrote to you.  I will send you one of course.  It is stail news but you can see that I did write.  I was in hopes that you would soon come home.  Can't the Dr.s doctor you have as good as down there but I suppose they know best.  You must not be starved the way you have gained in weight.  You surly have plenty to eat.You must excuse such writing. Floyd stands here gabbing and hitting the chair.  He scribbled alot on paper - wants me to read it.  I says I can't.  He says just try it but I failed.  Well we have quite an increase.  6 little lambs.  Don't you think so.  

Mrs. Keller has been very sick.  I suppose Mamma has told you about her.  Did Mamma tell you Aunt Flora has to move this spring.  I am invited to a sewing bee to morrow up at Mrs. Sears for Mrs. Hall.  She has so many children she don't know what to do.ha, ha.  Well Johnny I guess I haven't any more so I will close hoping to see or hear from you before long,

                                                                              As ever your 

                                                                                          sister Rose.

Mamma said Luella got her handkerchief.


No comments:

Centerburg, Ohio- Feb. 22, 1919.

 Centerburg, Ohio Feb. 22, 1919 Dear Uncle,       I received your letter today.  Mr. Van Sickle gave it to me this morning.  Grandma gave it...