Sunday, December 06, 2020

Dec, 14, 1918 - Centerburg, O.

 Centerburg, O.

Dec. 14, 1918

Dear Uncle, 

     I thought I would write you a few lines it won't be long till the mail will  go out. I wrote a letter to Pri. John Ogle he said that he had a companion John Butler from Sparta which was wounded is that so and do you know him?  Well I have been going to school.  I have not had the mumps yet.  I guess I am mump proof.  I stayed all night Thursday night with grandma.  We was over at Mack's that night.  I don't expect you can read this.  Your picture was certainly swell.  Everybody is calling me that when you come home you will not know me for have grown so much and am getting fatter.  Gertrude and Ashton are married. You and Edith will be the next one when you come back.  The town of Homer partly burned.  That is where Rev. Louis lives.  Well you had ought to see prof. Mason shake Emerald Taylor up Friday for chewing gum in time of school.  Two more days till Mary's birthday.  Well I have my studies to get and portions to make and finishing Whispering Smith have you ever read it. Certainly is good. Well I guess this is all that I can think of now.  I will have to get to work. So will close.  Answer soon as possible because I would certainly be glad to get a letter from you.

                                                                            Good bye

                                              XXXXXXX          Coreta Geiger

S w e e t  L i p s   

without mustache but also with it        

No comments:

Centerburg, Ohio- Feb. 22, 1919.

 Centerburg, Ohio Feb. 22, 1919 Dear Uncle,       I received your letter today.  Mr. Van Sickle gave it to me this morning.  Grandma gave it...