Friday, July 28, 2017

June.9.1918.

          Dear Brother, 
                         Received your dear letter was so glad to hear from you.  Was certainly a fine letter.  It's nice to hear you are feeling better.  I am still doctoring with Huggins. I have been better of that hemorrhage this last wk if it only lasts.Mamma has been with us since Tues morning until this after-noon Sun.  I will certainly miss her.  Said if she got real lonesome she would be back.   We certainly do miss you.  But such is life.  John Reed and family & Coreta came over today.  Mamma went back to Sparta with them.  Harley's horse is getting along allright.  It is still running some still quite a lump.  Harley said he would reduce it with iodine. The rest are all well as common. Willie is getting ready to do his chores so it will soon be milking time.

You got your share of duds didn't you.Anna brought Guy's last letter to read. He is still in England. Willie and I went to Sparta last evening. I saw Mr. Culver.  Said he got a card from you.  You surely do some writing.  We had strawberry shortcake for dinner.  No use to tell you what we have to eat when you have so much.  Johnny what do you think Myrtle GIlt brought me a $1.00 bill.  I was certainly surprised. Having big meetings in M.E. church at Sparta so they say.  Willie heard Irma Scott was going to clerk in Rushes Store. Sparta is full of whooping cough.  Ours haven't got it yet. How is Ray and Howard?  Tell Ray to to write to me.  Johnny did you get your stamps I sent you?  You didn't say though maybe they dropped out when you opened your letter. Did you know Chas. Catt was dead that man in Rob's place.  She is going to have a sale this week.

Well I don't know any news so I will close.  Hoping to hear from you soon or see you. How is that fussy-wussy?  HaHa.

                                     from Your sister Rose

No comments:

Centerburg, Ohio- Feb. 22, 1919.

 Centerburg, Ohio Feb. 22, 1919 Dear Uncle,       I received your letter today.  Mr. Van Sickle gave it to me this morning.  Grandma gave it...