Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Rainy Day Drive

I was able to take off early from work to run an errand. It seems I picked quite a day to do so as it rained all afternoon.



The traffic on 17 was unusually heavy at 2pm. The cause was obvious once I saw the Sofa Super Store. The devastation from the fire was all I have heard from the new...including the National news. As NPR noted this morning...it was the greatest loss of firefighters in the US since 9/11. It was difficult not to pass by very slowly and gawk and feel the loss.


A memorial site has been created on the side of the road with flowers, wreaths and crosses in memory of the 9 firefighters who died this past Monday.



I finally made it to the site of my erand. After negotiations that were greatly prolonged by Papa Bear I was on my way home. What? I didn't tell you what the errand was??? How very rude of me!!! So.......read on.



Here is your first clue......a very clean and pristine interior.


OK, OK....I will tell you! Remember that vehicle I had that refused to start after all the love I put into her? no? Well, it happenned three weeks ago ....and today I finally settled on the perfect replacement........Isn't she beautiful? :)












No comments:

Centerburg, Ohio- Feb. 22, 1919.

 Centerburg, Ohio Feb. 22, 1919 Dear Uncle,       I received your letter today.  Mr. Van Sickle gave it to me this morning.  Grandma gave it...