Very interesting that Jason has tagged me for this as I had just been discussing with mera bhai that seven seems to follow me.
1. I was born on July 16, 1969 at 8:31 am (511 minutes) just 61 minutes before the Apollo 11 blasted off at 9:32 am.
2. On the wall by my computer I am looking at a hand panted scroll I have had framed that was my great, great Aunt Lucille's. She was a secretary in the FS after World War II. While living in Tokyo, she was taking Chinese cooking classes from Nancy Chi Ma. I have two of her cookbooks from the class. I asked some Japanese visitors one day whether it was Japanese writing or Chinese writing on the scroll. It turns out that the writing is Chinese. They looked it over laughed and shook their heads and decided that they must have misread it because it said something about happy cooking. :)
3. My favorite book is The Adventures of a Simpleton by Grimmelshausen. I think I will read it again once I finish the Dune books. I am on the Machine Crusades and my husband keeps asking me..."Is THIS the last one?"
4. My first job was as a hostess at Applebee's in 1987. I was 17 and helped with the opening of the first one in Charleston. It is still there in North Charleston across from the Mall. (Other firsts include being in the first test group for the Teacher Cadet Program during my senior year in high school & grade when I was in the first test group for Charleston's SAIL program.
5. My favorite class at CofC was Anthropology. After that class I tried to sign up for Archeology, but my advisor scolded me because Macro Economics was more appropriate AND required for a business degree....I'm still regretting having listened to him.
6. In the second grade my teacher was telling us about the moon and the moon landing on July 20, 1969. I raised my hand to volunteer that I knew when the Apollo 11 blasted off. I was told that that was impossible as there was no way we could reach them moon in four days. I learned that day, at so young an age, that my teachers did not know all the answers and that nothing is impossible.
7. This Summer is my 20th HS reunion......aaaaaaaaaaaccccckkkkkkkkk!
OK, I tag: