Saturday, April 14, 2007

Say Hallo to My Little Friend (HI AFTAB!)

I haven't been blogging much because there is much potential change going on with me. I am absolutely dying to just blurt it out, but as the issues involved are not 100%....I also do not want to start any rumors....so everyone will just have to wait until the end of the Summer.

As I mentioned previously, I do have a new friend in Mumbai. He is a colleague from work that has to work the graveyard shift to make my life easier. In one of our conversations, he asked about what touristy things there were to do in Charleston. I know there are gazillions of things to do, but I'm not sure I can be a tourist in my own town -at least not until next January and then enjoying everything during a cold month just is not the same!

I do believe that Charleston is meant to be leisurely enjoyed. I intend to do just that in the coming weeks & months with photos so that Aftab can see what a typical Charlestonian might do on the weekends with her family. I think my new friend is just what I needed to get over my writer's block and refocus on what I can write about instead of brooding over what I can't write about.

No comments:

Centerburg, Ohio- Feb. 22, 1919.

 Centerburg, Ohio Feb. 22, 1919 Dear Uncle,       I received your letter today.  Mr. Van Sickle gave it to me this morning.  Grandma gave it...