Thursday, October 12, 2006

Spooky Inspections

Everyone who works on the waterfront has a story. Life is anything but dull around the ports. One true story I heard today is rather appropriate for Halloween and my nightly listen to Dracula. We are shipping a container of personal affects that has been ordered for an inspection. This in itself is a given. But THIS particular box contains a coffin. So some poor Customs inspector is going to have to open that coffin to examine its contents.

I imagine there will actually be a team of inspectors there - mulling around for the morbid curiosity of it all....who knows, maybe it will be filled with dirt from the old country.

No comments:

Centerburg, Ohio- Feb. 22, 1919.

 Centerburg, Ohio Feb. 22, 1919 Dear Uncle,       I received your letter today.  Mr. Van Sickle gave it to me this morning.  Grandma gave it...