Sunday, October 29, 2006

Happiness is........

One less bike in the house :)

Papa Bear sold his grocery bicycle on EBay today. He originally bought this Motobecane Nobly for me. After he finished various improvements, he added two back baskets and rode it daily to the Piggly Wiggly across the street.


The main reason this never actually became mine is that Papa Bear wanted to tinker some more and decided to rebuid a Schwin Worldsport for me instead. I have been waiting for brakes to finish up my bike for three months. I'm told that I need a special sort of brake that has only come up for auction twice during the rebuilding process. Both times I supposedly was on the computer and the last minute bidding wars were missed.

The good news in moving just one bicycle out of the house is that I was allowed to then rearrange the house. I combined our desks and created an enlarged office area, a smaller & more accessible dining area and a cozier living room. I turned his previous desk location into a place to park and work on bicycles.....which included all tools that are now kept in one large box instead of individually strewn all over the living room.

Happiness is regaining control of the house. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

PATRICK BASS said...

The truest greatness lies in being kind, the truest wisdom in a happy mind.Keep it up!

Centerburg, Ohio- Feb. 22, 1919.

 Centerburg, Ohio Feb. 22, 1919 Dear Uncle,       I received your letter today.  Mr. Van Sickle gave it to me this morning.  Grandma gave it...