Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Giving Democracy a Chance

A big hat tip to Robert at Expat Yank who now owns one of my posts.

Last week, I commented on an interview with Madeleine Albright. The short spot she was given on the Colbert Report was obviously meant to promote her new book The Mighty and the Almighty. In the course of the interview all sorts of issues were brought up that included religion in politics, forcing democracy on other countries, and the powerful message having nuclear technology sends to the world.

I was hoping that my post would generate serious dialogue and offer a perspective that cannot necessarily be obtained from Stephen Colbert. Robert's response did offer a perspective that I can well appreciate. Thank you for that. I encourage everyone to take a moment to consider his argument and even offer one of your own.

No comments:

Centerburg, Ohio- Feb. 22, 1919.

 Centerburg, Ohio Feb. 22, 1919 Dear Uncle,       I received your letter today.  Mr. Van Sickle gave it to me this morning.  Grandma gave it...