Friday, June 08, 2018

Bloomfield Ohio Sept. 2.1918

Bloomfield O
Sept.2.1918.
                           Dear brother:-
            How are you by this time.  We are all able to be around as dada use to say. Well this is the third letter I have written to you since I received your card so I will expect to hear from you some of these days.  How do you like the new home or country.  I expect you see some pretty girls.  They always claim the French girls are handsome.  School began yesterday over at Sparta.  Hasn't commenced here haven't any teacher.  They are talking of hauling them to Sparta.
            Did you know a man by the name of Blaine Page?  He was killed by the cars today.  He was in an auto.  Floyd talks so much about you.  He has been real well for him this summer.  Had a spell with his stomach and bowels, but is better now.  Ennice is down to Jay Bells today.  Mary & Floyd are over at Taylors.  Coreta is at school.  Willie is out at the farm.
             Did you get sick on the water?  The thought of the water is enough for me.  All of the men from 18 to 45 or 60  has to register the 12 of this month.  Aunt Flora sent Mamma the prettiest service flag.  She said you didn't think enough of your only aunt to send her a card.  I suppose Mamma told you.  Dada & Mamma are over to Mt. Liberty this wk.  Coreta was at Mt. Liberty nearly a wk.  Luella brought her home and stayed for dinner.  Truex's have their home up for sale.  I don't know where they want to go.  John Reid said their place was for sale.  Mamma, the children and I all went down to Anna Reeds for dinner last Thursday.  Had a fine chicken dinner.
              Willie just came in said we had a fresh cow out here.  I ask him what we would have for supper said we could have new milk.  I am glad I don't like milk. ha,ha  Harleys are all well as common.  Mrs. Van Sickle has been real poorly, but is better now.  What do you suppose rubber boots are worth now days?  Willie and Ennice each got them a pair.  Had to pay $5.50 a piece.  I got a new skirt cost $6.50.  
                Well I can't think of any more so I will close.  Hoping to hear from you.
                                                                                             Your Sister,
                                                                                                        Rose
                                                                                                  love to Johnny.
May God bless you and bring you safe home again.




No comments:

Centerburg, Ohio- Feb. 22, 1919.

 Centerburg, Ohio Feb. 22, 1919 Dear Uncle,       I received your letter today.  Mr. Van Sickle gave it to me this morning.  Grandma gave it...