Friday, July 28, 2017

June.7.1918

          Dear Brother Johnny, 

Well how are you by this time? We are still all able to eat three meals a day yet but I am still on the grunt. Has our folks wrote you Jim Huggins is dead has a stroke out in their closet died right away. Funeral was over here at the church this after-noon at 1 oclock.  Took him to Chesterville to bury. I got to go along with Cora Hubble and family.  I sure did enjoy the ride. Last night Coreta kept the kids and Mr. Van Sickle took his family and Willie and I to Centerburg to a picture show last night. It was a good show. Don't you think I'm going some for a grunt. 

Dada and Mother spent the fourth with us but went home that night.  Dada seems anxious for the letters as Mamma.  Johnny I don't know how you stand the heat down there when it is so hot up here.  Mr. Van Sickle wanted me to ask what kind of music you march to.  Was it the brass band or just snare drum and fife? He wanted me to ask you.  I hope the war will be over before you have to go to France.  Men folks just got through cutting wheat yesterday. I guess we can get some huckle-berries after them.  Hattie said there was going to be some. Everything else is scarce. Johnny you certainly see some sights but they are nothing compared to Bloomfield. HaHa. Ora is out here in the yard now so is Coreta too.

Well Johnny do you still bawl like the gentleman-C when you see a girl now days? Oh, you kid don't seem like you are so far away.  Well I can't think of any more so I will close.
                      
                                                                             Bye Bye
                                                                                    Dear Johnny.

                         Write when you can
                          With love from your sister Rose.

                                                                                 X X X X X   X X
                                                                                Floyd -M-C-Myself          

No comments:

Centerburg, Ohio- Feb. 22, 1919.

 Centerburg, Ohio Feb. 22, 1919 Dear Uncle,       I received your letter today.  Mr. Van Sickle gave it to me this morning.  Grandma gave it...