Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ben Franklin by Miles

Both of my children have famous American Projects due this month, which partially involved making paper doll depictions. My six year old decided his project would be on Ben Franklin. He has to write a short paper, read it out loud to the class, and present his doll.




What you can't see is that there is more clay than just the hands, feet and nose. My son decided it would be more interesting to have a clay body to fill out the clothes. Only the face was left from this folly. The result is his doll does not lay flat. It's hard to tell in this photo until you notice that the hands do cast a shadow.

Next, as soon as she finishes, will be Mary on Mary Harris Jones. My daughter is very proud of this choice and she seems to be developing quite an activist spirit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sis I like your love story very much...:)

Centerburg, Ohio- Feb. 22, 1919.

 Centerburg, Ohio Feb. 22, 1919 Dear Uncle,       I received your letter today.  Mr. Van Sickle gave it to me this morning.  Grandma gave it...